The following bodies of the Northern Apennines River District Basin Authority are identified and regulated by article 63 of legislative decree 152/2006 and by the Statute of the Authority:
– THE PERMANENT INSTITUTIONAL CONFERENCE (Art. 63 paragraphs 5 and 6 of legislative decree 152/2006 and Art. 5 of the Statute) is the political and technical body of the Authority and adopts the Basin Plans. It is chaired by the Minister of Ecological Transition (former Minister of the Environment and Protection of Land and Sea) and attended by the Minister of Sustainable Infrastructure and Mobility (former Minister of Infrastructure and Transport), by the Head of the Civil Protection Department and, in cases where their respective areas of competence are involved, by the Minister of Agriculture, Food and Forestry Policies and the Minister of Culture or by the delegated Under-Secretaries of State as well as by the Presidents/Delegated Councillors of the three District Regions, Tuscany, Liguria and Umbria.
– THE SECRETARY GENERAL (Art. 63 paragraphs 7 and 8 of the legislative decree 152/2006 and Art. 6 of the Statute) is the legal representative of the Authority and is responsible for its operation. He is appointed by Decree of the President of the Council of Ministers
– THE OPERATING CONFERENCE (art. 63 paragraph 9 of legislative decree 152/2006 and art. 7 of the Statute) is the advisory body of the Authority; it expresses opinions and issues directives, for the purposes of planning and programming in the basin. It includes two representatives of each administration represented in the Permanent Institutional Conference who are appointed by Decree of the Minister for Ecological Transition.
– THE BOARD OF AUDITORS (Art. 63 paragraph 3 of Legislative Decree 152/2006 and art.9 of the Statute) exercises internal audit of administrative and accounting procedures and is composed of three members and two substitutes, appointed by Decree of the Minister for Ecological Transition.
– THE TECHNICAL OPERATIONAL SECRETARIAT: (Art. 63 paragraph 3 of Legislative Decree 152/2006 and art. 8 of the Statute) is the Authority’s management structure and is chaired by the Secretary General.